The new year begins with a sunny day! What a great way to start the year. Its strangely quiet everywhere today. Its nice. Although I enjoy the festive season, I'm glad some peace and order will soon return. Away with the traffic jams and countless shoppers that mill about everyday. The kids go back to school ( YAY), people go back to work. I'm glad.
My baby girl and I giving goodbye hugs and kisses before I left for Copthorne last night to celebrate the new year's.The family party at my house last night was pleasant enough with much good food and drinks yet again. Then it was to Copthorne where after the stroke of midnight I started to get really sick. My body waited for the new year and then utterly gave way. While the rest gambled with blackjack and I pretended to know what I was doing with my money and cards, my body started trembling and before too long I couldnt stand and had to thaw out on the balcony. That's when the fever came and the pain wouldnt go away. They tried to get me to go to the doctor's or hospital but I refused because it was freakin' new year's eve. I was willing to stick it out.
What do you call friends who draw hot bubble baths, run down to buy juice, check in on your naked self in the tub (thank god for the massive bubble foam) and as Xinyi said, give the full spa treatment? Awesome friends. Haha. Honestly, even though I was very sick, even though I wanted so badly to overdose on any kind of drug i could get my hands on, listening to them talk and laugh was good medicine. I was suffering out on the balcony and not so great in the tub but it was nice to know they were around. Even at my sickly-ness I could still laugh with them.
My fever broke at about 5am.
Welcome the new year.
Now, I gotta go get better.
Sleep sleep sleep!
What do you call friends who draw hot bubble baths, run down to buy juice, check in on your naked self in the tub (thank god for the massive bubble foam) and as Xinyi said, give the full spa treatment? Awesome friends. Haha. Honestly, even though I was very sick, even though I wanted so badly to overdose on any kind of drug i could get my hands on, listening to them talk and laugh was good medicine. I was suffering out on the balcony and not so great in the tub but it was nice to know they were around. Even at my sickly-ness I could still laugh with them.
My fever broke at about 5am.
Welcome the new year.
Now, I gotta go get better.
Sleep sleep sleep!
2 comments:
haha. i'm sorry about the foam. i got carried away by the nice smell and emptied like 3 quarts of the thing in the water. ha.
feeling better now? thanks huh.. u can't wait for me to get back to work is it? i was just starting to enjoy my holidays. -_-
Post a Comment