Thursday, December 07, 2006

On This Side

Its almost 6am in the morning and I've just returned from the airport.

At 1am when I was trying to catch a nap, my stomach starting feeling funny. I felt a little nauseas even. The same feeling I got at 1am, 2am in the morning everytime I prepared for my flights to Sydney or Boston. Funny how my morning flights over the years have allowed my body to generate a negative association with Changi airport at 4am.

When it was time to say goodbye to my brother at the glass windows I gave him a hug like I always did when I left, but this time I didn't need to turn around and hold back tears. This time I didnt need to force myself to keep walking foward and not look back. This time it was me on this side of the glass. This time I get to stay.

I get to stay. I get to stay. I get to stay.
It was nice.

5 months and I'm still happy here. Who said I wouldn't last?

Have fun in Tokyo. Bring me back some presents. See you at Christmas.

No comments: