Friday, December 29, 2006

Goodbye 2006

2006 was a good year.

Good year because I never ever let myself, no matter what, have a bad year. You learn something from everything. You come out a stronger person.

2006. Major life change.
A year ago I was wrapping scarves and hats to keep me warm whilst spending days holed up in a lab. A year ago I was dealing with things that never seemed to end. Much hurt. Much angst. Much frustration.


Moving home is the second best decision I've made in my life so far. First being moving away in high school. 2006. I brought my babies home. We are one family. I spent my first christmas with them.


So many things happened. A huge wedding, a new engagement, spending time with friends again, spending time with family. Reconnecting. To my old friends. Its been absolutely SUPERB hanging out.


A blast. Thanks for watching my back. More importantly, thanks for respecting my opinions and decisions and supporting me in whatever choices I make in my life. You amigos rock.


To new friends i've made this year.. Cheers.
Its been a real pleasure.

My new friend.
2006. The dog year.

Visiting a new city, checking out my own country, trying new food... it was all nice. I will choose to put the frustrations of the year behind because there is no point.

I daresay 2006 was a real test. I daresay I'm walking out of 2006 stronger, bolder. I never made those christmas wishes, neither am I making new year resolutions, I just want one thing- to become a kinder person. I want to be a generous person in every sense. A bigger heart. So that I can accept different people, circumstances or problems, all with grace. I find myself, perhaps swept up by things around me, becoming more vulgar, unforgiving and judgmental. So i'm gonna do something about it.. 2007 will be even better.

I spent the last 6 months getting used to things, catching up with the pace of life here and now its enough. I will move on. I have some big decisions to make. Life changing again perhaps. I feel 2007 to be an exciting one. I'm looking forward to it.

There's nothing that happened this year that I regret.
Nothing.

I look to the new year with optimism.
Happy New Year everyone.


3 comments:

syun said...

ehhhh.. i'm not in the picture.. does that mean u don't love me? hee..

anyway.. did you GET A DOG??!?!?!?!?!

Java Kueen said...

is that better? no i did not get a new dog. he's a friend.

i would never do that to buddy and lula. =P

Anonymous said...

i know i'm somewhere in your heart though i'm not in the picture.... hahaahah..... Lub u!