I had thanksgiving dinner with the boston peeps last night and that was really nice. It was good to see some familiar faces after so long, and nice to meet the new ones. We had awesome food, which of course is always the highlight of thanksgiving. Well cooked turkey (a big mother I must say), ox tail stew, potato salad, ham, ham and more ham and a ton of desserts like the usual pecan pie. Good food, interesting conversations with the peeps and a mini confession from shasha (her undercover name). It was an enjoyable night.
Happy thanksgiving to peeps still left in Boston. Hope you guys are braving out the 20F well. Hur hur hur.
------------------------------
2 websites to work on of late but the job hunt will begin in all seriousness, soon. No kidding this time. Libbie gave me abit of a wake up call when I spoke to her a few days ago.
So I've been spending my lovely mon wed and fri mornings at a chiropractic clinic after an xray revealed a problematic spine that has been causing the backaches, neckaches, the chronic and insane headaches I've been getting for round about 2 years or so. Yea... no kidding. Been suffering for so long.
Yea. Not pretty. The doctor was abit surprised at what he saw too because I am relatively young for this sorta thing. Oh well, thanks to years of pouring my head over textbooks in endless hours and plugging my eyes to microscopes hour after hour, day after day...
the consequence is a rather expensive and torturing physiotherapy regime that runs 3 times a week. When I go, and the dr. swede works on me, many things pop and crack... many things bend and hurt... hehehe.. yes. Not fun. I leave feeling tired. The good thing is that the muscles and joints are all loosened so that is the mini-shiok factor from the whole thing. 3 months people 3 months. I gotta stick it out. I'll have to admit that I am only in this treatment program because the mother has pushed me into doing it, herself convinced by the handsome doctor. My mother was, no kidding, gushing over the swede like no other and insisted on an immediate sign-up with the clinic. Within minutes she was imagining swedish weddings and mixed grandchildren. *smack head* Errrrrr.... hur hur hur.
As I gingerly paid for my treatment upfront (you get a slight discount, i.e. free xray. whoopadeefuckingdoo), notions of a holiday in spain or skiing in the alps, trekking at Macchu Picchu all flew out the window. Yea, the treatment costs pretty much about the same as one of these trips. I'm apparently fixing my neck so that I may no longer feel pain and prevent suffer ing at 60, but somehow this little girl very sad that she would have a pretty spine but no sangrias and amigos, no inca ruins or pretty swiss architectures. This little girl want mucho mucho amigos de España..
So hopefully in 3 months my neck will have been moulded back in shape because according to dr suave, i'm young and my spine is still easy to correct. And well, the only thing I really care about I guess is that the headaches and backaches go away.
---------------------So I've been spending my lovely mon wed and fri mornings at a chiropractic clinic after an xray revealed a problematic spine that has been causing the backaches, neckaches, the chronic and insane headaches I've been getting for round about 2 years or so. Yea... no kidding. Been suffering for so long.
For illustrative purposes, not drawn to scale, i present the problem...
Yea. Not pretty. The doctor was abit surprised at what he saw too because I am relatively young for this sorta thing. Oh well, thanks to years of pouring my head over textbooks in endless hours and plugging my eyes to microscopes hour after hour, day after day...
the consequence is a rather expensive and torturing physiotherapy regime that runs 3 times a week. When I go, and the dr. swede works on me, many things pop and crack... many things bend and hurt... hehehe.. yes. Not fun. I leave feeling tired. The good thing is that the muscles and joints are all loosened so that is the mini-shiok factor from the whole thing. 3 months people 3 months. I gotta stick it out. I'll have to admit that I am only in this treatment program because the mother has pushed me into doing it, herself convinced by the handsome doctor. My mother was, no kidding, gushing over the swede like no other and insisted on an immediate sign-up with the clinic. Within minutes she was imagining swedish weddings and mixed grandchildren. *smack head* Errrrrr.... hur hur hur.
As I gingerly paid for my treatment upfront (you get a slight discount, i.e. free xray. whoopadeefuckingdoo), notions of a holiday in spain or skiing in the alps, trekking at Macchu Picchu all flew out the window. Yea, the treatment costs pretty much about the same as one of these trips. I'm apparently fixing my neck so that I may no longer feel pain and prevent suffer ing at 60, but somehow this little girl very sad that she would have a pretty spine but no sangrias and amigos, no inca ruins or pretty swiss architectures. This little girl want mucho mucho amigos de España..
So hopefully in 3 months my neck will have been moulded back in shape because according to dr suave, i'm young and my spine is still easy to correct. And well, the only thing I really care about I guess is that the headaches and backaches go away.
Will update on the 'BBQ'.

1 comment:
oh no!!! sorry to hear about the neck. Boston has actually been decent.. until like 2 days ago when it snowed. and today it's about -4 degC. ughhhh. i'm jobhunting yet again, fighting an uphill battle with visa problems AGAIN. it's not that companies aren't interested in hiring me, it's just that g*ddamn VISA. maybe i should just go back to where i'm wanted...
Post a Comment